I was just organizing my books. Lately I put the books that are intended for my most immediate to-be read pile on a shelf on my computer desk. I say intended because I often decide to read other books or adjust my order. Also, I read other books at school on the couple of days a week that I read with my students during SSR instead of doing small group pull-outs. Right now I am reading Pandora Gets Jealous - a fun book so far that I can already tell just who to recommend it to. Tomorrow I am going to stop by Barnes and Noble to use a gift certificate and I also have a couple of Amazon orders coming in, so some books might get delayed.
Here is what I have lined up:
1. The Lightning Thief - I already started this because a group of my students were reading it for book club. I am about half way through it.
2. The Undomestic Goddess to celebrate the release of Confessions of a Shopaholic movie. I absolutely love Kinsella books. I mooched a copy of this a while back, but still haven't gotten to it.
3. I So Don't Do Mysteries - I'm going to read this for my Class of 2k8 challenge. It looks like a really fun book, and I am sure that I will fly through it.
4. Schooled by Anisha Lakhani - This is another mooched book that I can't wait to read and that I heard about on other book blogs.
5. Cuba 15 - This is for my Book Awards Challenge.
6. A Step from Heaven - Also for my Book Awards Challenge.
7. Good in Bed - I also love Weiner books. I think this is the only one of hers that I haven't read. I can't wait!
8. Chicks Ahoy - This is for my YA Challenge. I recently read and really enjoyed Who's Your Daddy, so I am excited to read another one of Sandoval's teen lit books.
9. Matters of Faith - I read part of this as part of a promotional swag bag, and I enjoyed it so much that I got a copy off of Amazon.
10. GunMetal Black - I received this on a blog giveaway. It is not the typical book that I read, but I think I will really enjoy it.
Then there are a couple of books in progress that I will read off and on but will probably take a while to complete: Obama's Dreams from My Father and Hearts and Hands. Oh, and I almost forgot... Last week I started Stubborn Twig as part of Oregon Reads. I want to finish this one fairly soon.